The Harris Township Junior Baseball Softball Association (HTJBSA) emphasizes the education of baseball and softball rules, teaches the fundamentals, mental and physical development, a respect for the rules of the game, and basic ideals of sportsmanship and fair play. In all aspects, HTJBSA is committed to providing the youth of our community the very best educational, sports experience possible. It is our fundamental belief that every child with a desire to play baseball or softball be afforded that opportunity.
What’s happening at Harris Baseball Softball…
Rec Fees for 2018
$65 - 4U Instructional Coed (ages 3-4)
$90 - T-Ball (age 5)
$120 - Machine Pitch (ages 6-7)
$120 - Minors (ages 8-9)
$120 - Majors (ages 10-12)
$120 - Seniors ages (13-18)
$90 - 6U ages 5-6
$120 - 8U ages 7-8
$120 - 10U ages 9-10
$120 - 12U ages 11-12
$120 - 14U ages 13-14
$120 - 16U ages 15-16
$120 - 18U ages 17-18
*families with multiple players living in the same household will receive a $50 discount for each additional player in the same household.
It's time to register (softball winter workout time change)
We hope all of you had a great holiday season. With the frigid temps and piles of snow, opening weekend can't get here fast enough. Having said that, here are a few updates regarding the upcoming season.
1. We've decided to realign the age divisions on the baseball side of our rec league. While the changes are minor, you will notice a difference in the number of teams per age group in the spring. 4U remains unchanged. T-ball is for 5 year olds. Machine Pitch will be 6 and 7 year olds. Minors is 8 and 9 year olds. Majors is 10, 11, 12 year olds. This change will balance the divisions at the park and create more teams per division. Last year our Majors division had 3 teams, this year we expect it to almost double. The same can be said for minors as well. Over the upcoming weeks we will be working on rule changes for each age group to ensure a safe and fun environment for our players.
2. 6U Softball will have it's own machine pitch league this season. Machine Pitch is the most poplular division at the park for baseball and softball. This is a great opportunity for the girls to learn the game with a few modifications.
3. This spring there will be improvement projects taking place at the park. The dugouts on Field 3 will be ugraded in remembrance of Cameron Snead who passed away in December 2016. Fields 5 and 6 will be reroofed and repaired prior to opening day. If you would like to donate to either project or volunteer your time to help improve the park, please let a board member know.
4. RBI's Unlimited in Mishawaka is offering baseball and softball winter workouts. This 12 week program is very affordable and is geared towards players who are not on a travel softball or baseball team. The instruction is very good and is led by two individuals who have played the game and done well. Those who have participated in the past have had a lot of fun. For more information, please call RBI's at 574-993-7247 or visit their website: www.rbisunlimited.com
5. Registrations are live on the Harris website. Please register your player soon. If you would like to coach a team this spring, be sure to indicate that when you register your son or daughter.
Looking forward to seeing you at the park this Spring.
My name is Shaun Dralle, I am the Softball Commissioner for Harris Baseball Softball. I have been part of Harris since 2009. I have been coaching baseball and softball since 2010 at Harris. I have served on the Harris Baseball Softball Board since 2011 in roles such as Softball Commissioner, Travel Softball Commissioner and President. I am currently Managing three Harris Heat Travel Softball teams (Harris Heat Dralle 14U, Harris Heat Dralle 16U and Harris Heat Flynn 16U).
My goal for this season is to help improve and grow our Softball Program. I will be asking for volunteers for Managers and Coaches for the upcoming Rec Season. Our program only survives and grows with dedicated Volunteers! I will also review each division and make any necessary adjustments to improve the quality of play and participation of each player involved with our Rec Program. With that, I do ask for suggestions and feedback on previous likes and dislikes. You can email them to me at email@example.com or text me at 574-300-2977
To start the 2018 Rec Season, Harris Baseball softball is offering "FREE" winter workouts for our 2018 REC and Travel Players!
Who: This is for all girls from the ages of 7 to 18 and non-travel players and travel players welcome!
Tuesday nights from 8p-10p, unless Discovery Middle School is Closed...
*Please change shoes prior to entering Discovery Middle School to help keep floors clean.
Discovery Middle School
10050 Brummitt Rd
Granger, IN 46530
*Please enter at the doors where students are dropped off from school buses
1. Parents help
3. Softball bat (if you own one already)
4. Facemask (if you own one already)
5. Change of shoes from outdoor to indoor...gym shoes only for workouts