Harris Board Meeting – Wednesday, March 7, 2018 We are meeting this Wednesday at 7:30 pm - Gates of Granger
- Financial Overview – Jeff Calvin
- Cash position
- Payables / Receivables
- Registration numbers
- Dick’s Day Registrations
- Saturday, March 10th – 11:00 to 3:00 pm
- Amy Schramski / Amber Petras - 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
- ?????? 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Need tablets or a laptop to register patrons
- Discount flyers provided
- Baseball / Softball Tryouts
- Tryouts at Harris – March 20th, 21st, 22nd
- Indoors as back-up
- Player drafts – March 26th, March 27th
- How are we doing for managers / coaches
- Team organization on-line
- Practice scheduling
- Prep the park
- Saturday, March 24th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Park Opens
- Monday, April 2nd
- Operations – Kyle Henke
- We need to broadcast that we need help in April and May
- Who is coming back to be on the grounds crew from last year?
- Who else was on the crew last year?
- Need detailed description of what needs to be done and which day?
- Field Fertilization quotes
- Harris Heat Tournament
- What items need to be discussed?
- Who is running the event? Softball Commish or Travel Commish
- Cameron Snead Wiffle Ball Tourney –
- Saturday, June 2, 2018
- Wants field 7 and field 1 to play games on. Prep Friday, done late Saturday night
Harris Board Meeting – Thursday, February 15, 2018
Financial Overview – Jeff Calvin
Savings – 10% rule. Something to consider
Concession Stand Update – Emily Stauffacher
Coke vs. Pepsi update
Donations and / or event sponsorships
POS reconfiguration and training
Make entering an order simple and quick
Saturday, February 17th 11:00 to 3:00 pm
Dan 11:00 – 1:00 p.m., Ryan 1:00 to 3:00 p.m., Mark 11:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Laptops / tablets, Wifi will be available / Coupons
Cameron Snead Update
Met with the Grandparents last Saturday
Would like receipts issued to those who donated money in 2017
They are sponsoring field 3 renovations
Providing funding to Reroof / Repair / Paint dugouts
Buying upgraded netting for batting cages. See RBI’s.
Purchas a scoreboard controller
Plague with stand in flower bed behind home plate on field 3
Bill Buchre to do labor. Reasonable and works quickly.
Prep the park date
What needs replaced or repaired
Bases, windscreens, machine boxes, power in batting cages and field 1&2
Wiffle Ball Tourney – David Smith to run
Proposed June 2nd or June 9th
Wants field 7 and field 1 to play games on. Prep Friday, done late Saturday night
What’s in it for us? Concession stand but what else?
We need to broadcast that we need help in April and May. See what we get
Who is coming back to be on the grounds crew from last year?
Who else was on the crew last season?
Need detailed description of what needs to be done and which day?
Gators and mower need servicing.
Other items to discuss
NOVEMBER board meetings will be "Open" and will take place Tuesday November 24, 2015.
The meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m. at the Granger Gates Dealership on SR 23.
Gates of Granger
Granger, IN 46530
1. Rec fee's for 2016 rec season
2. Selection of Sub-Commissioner's for both Baseball and Softball
3. Finalize dates for 25th Annual Harris Heat Invitational
4. Point of Sale System for Concession Stand
5. Bathroom Remodel at Concession Stand
6. How, when and where to advertise registration information for 2016 Rec Season
7. Discussion of any other baseball or softball tourneys being hosted at Harris
8. Follow-up on tax status change from 501c4 to 501c3
9. Discussion on financials for Harris Baseball Softball
10. Future growth plans for Harris Baseball Softball
11. Any other issues or concerns
Need Bids for the following for the 2016 Season:
*Concession Stand Manager/Operator for 2016 Season...Please submit your bids by December 1st.Your bid must include operating concession stand from April 1st to November 1st
- Tara Jones
*Groundkeeper/company...Your bid must include dates from March 1st to December 1st
- Lovisa & Barone
- Joe Hart South Bend Cubs
- Midwest Athletics
*Photography Company for 2016 Rec Season Photo's
- Contenporary Images
- Burns Rent-All
Please email all written bids to Shaun Dralle (
) by Monday Nov 23rd and no later than Dec 1st 2015